Tuesday, November 27, 2007

I am currently in the process of maybe, possibly, could happen to be, in just a little while longer, be engaged to the most beautiful woman of all time. What I’m trying to figure out is how I got to this point. I’m going to list the reasons why I was going to be the second or third to last person to get married out of my group of friends. Ironically I can do no better than second. Please see my nerd proclamation below:

  • I once had an AMD 350 MHz, 512g Ram, 500mb hard drive computer with a VooDoo 3 video card and it was the fastest computer on the block.
  • I worked at Ultimate Electronics.
  • I played G.I. Joes with John and was jealous of his sweet collection.
  • I didn’t need up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A, B, A, start to beat Contra.
  • Belle from Disney’s Beauty and the Beast was/is a babe.
  • I was scared of Velociraptors till I was 16.
  • I’ve ran the Patriot Act on friends just for fun.
  • I do my own taxes
  • I’ve read all the Harry Potters.
  • I’ve read 90% of Isaac Asimov and Orson Scott Card.
  • I can quote Top Gun as if it were a primary song.
  • I cried in Armageddon.
  • Surround sound is a necessity not a want.
  • Any monitor under 19’ is unacceptable
  • Anything less than dual monitors is unacceptable
  • I’ve achieved level 31 in BrickBreaker
  • I played the clarinet
  • I’ve seen every episode of Star Trek TNG
  • I use a BlackBerry
  • I have 4 calculators and they all have names, so far Kyle gets the most use
  • Numbers make more sense than words
  • I work for a major finance company with over $98 billion in assets
  • Legal terms excite me
  • Zombies are the shizzle
  • I use the word shizzle
  • I love the old Transformers and new
  • I know the tax laws in New York
  • Halo is awesome, Quake at xMission is even better
  • I’ve read Stephan Hawking books
  • I know how to fly airplanes
  • I wear argyle sweaters
  • I’ve seen all the Aliens, Predator and Terminator movies
  • Widescreen makes me happy
  • My PC has the following programs on it:
      • Cubase SX3
      • Reason 4.0
      • Sony Vegas Pro 8
      • Adobe CS3
      • Azureus
      • Nero 8
      • Office 2007
      • iTunes
      • Call of Duty 4: Modern Warefare
      • Star Trek TNG screen saver (thanks Brev)
  • My Mac has the following programs on it:
      • Cubase SX3
      • Reason 4.0
      • Final Cut Pro 6
      • Adobe CS3
      • Azureus
      • Toast 8
      • Keynote
      • Adium
I’m sure most of you know that this is not even a scratch on the surface. I’m not questioning my nerdness; I’m questioning my future wife’s sanity.


Live long and prosper.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

you left out one thing that defines, nay exacerbates your nerdiness. you have a blog.

Unknown said...

yes but do certain fonts anger you, or more to the point can you name the fonts / type on signs as you drive down the road?

When you make a mistake in real life does your left hand automatically do "ctrl+z" or "command+z" respectively?

Ah nevermind, it's good to know there actually can be cool geeks and I've got something to achieve.

Jakob Agaetis said...

Ctrl+z thru ctrl+v are a must. I was actually looking for it on my blackBerry the other day. Mike... we are as one.

oof said...

"What's exacerbate mean?"

"To make worse."

"Oh...."

Anonymous said...

This is your other, long lost cousin, haven't seen you since my own wedding almost 3 years ago. Congratulations though and long live the nerds!

Post a Comment