Wednesday, July 9, 2008

this is a departure... maybe it's my long hours of playing the guitar tonight... i'm guessing it's my realization that things are changing, and for the better...

my job is getting to be a burden... i'm sick of all the numbers... they are beginning to confuse me... i just don't seem to care much anymore... i get the work done but complacently... i'm starting to see them differently... they stop being numbers and are more like patterns... creativity with numbers wasn't what i was hired to do... i was hired to help turn millions into billions... isn't everyone a billionaire these days?...

i wish i could tap on my piano tonight but for some reason it's not working... i just don't have the energy to fix it... i got home from work, plugged my guitar in, took a nap then played more guitar... i feel more inspired by music as of late... i've just been so blessed by amazing music lately... i hope i don't wear myself out on it...

i miss home... my new nephew doesn't know me... i miss my family... i miss the nights laying on the trampoline talking crazy with brev and colin... i still think of 1998 and wish i would have taken advantage of those times... but no regrets... i've talked with colin more in the past couple weeks then i have in the past 5 years... i miss it... it's nice just feeling his art vibe... same with mike... he knows my secret of the tree on our wedding invites...

this past visit home was great... oakley was so beautiful... i think i could be a farmer... peri's family is so comfortable and familiar... i can't wait to see them more... there is just something indescribable about it...

i'm in love with peri... i get to spend the rest of my life with her... and the afterlife... i hate the days i don't see her, like today... i constantly think about her... 39 days seems hazy and distant... she will be beautiful that day, i know it... my head will be a camera and i won't forget a thing about the day i marry her... soon... she's the most beautiful thing in any room she walks into... soon...

not sure how long i'll keep this up... i don't do this... this wasn't meant to be a forum for my emotions... so this is just my deus ex machina...

2 comments:

The Hill Family said...

I love this addition to your blog. I, too, miss 1998 and all those other years that you all were in my home making it a really happy time for me. Must be a time for reminiscing and longing for things that were. But,happy exciting times ahead. I loved that you called the other night and can't wait to see you on your wedding day!
margo

Heather said...

Those were definitely some of the best years of my life (if I may include myself in this reminiscing). We all had some pretty great times together! I'll never forget how happy life was then, without a real care in the world. Funny how life changes and we all grow up. I'm so excited for your wedding Jake! And to meet Peri!

Post a Comment