Friday, December 21, 2007

Holiday decor around my house doesn't consist of much. There is only one small portion of my home you will find decorated in Christmas cheer. None of this wouldn't be possible if it wasn't for my mother.



The year I moved to Denver my mom went all out for my first December away. She went out and bought 12 days worth of gifts and sent one package each day starting on December 14th. Each of the days corresponded with the famous "12 Days of Christmas" song (the John Denver and the Muppet's version was the best). I remember opening a package containing a Turtle chocolate bar and a Dove soap bar (i.e. Turtle Doves). Every present was sent with great thought.

So as I think about this holiday season, and how I've been working 12 hour days. I think back on that year and am not just reminded of the gifts my mom sent, but of my mom herself. Then I think about how excited I am every year to see my family and realize as always, that my family is the true gift of Christmas.

Merry Christmas

1 comments:

trent and rach henderson... said...

jake
i wish i could have seen you over the holidays! i will for sure continue checking your blog! you always make me and trent laugh so hard! thanks for entertaining us! i love your mom too! she is so thoughtful! remember when she made us cute little goody bags when we went to st. george!? just so we didn't get bored on the way down!? well i hope you had a great christmas! tell the fam hi from me! love ya!
rach

Post a Comment